can't exit fiji

Ilan Tal
In the last couple of days I have had troubles closing Fiji. A console pops up with the message

Exception in thread "Quit" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.imagej.legacy.DefaultLegacyHooks.interceptCloseAllWindows(DefaultLegacyHooks.java:464)
    at ij.WindowManager.closeAllWindows(WindowManager.java:430)
    at ij.ImageJ.run(ImageJ.java:775)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I thought maybe an update was in order (automatic update is "on") so I did a manual Update Fiji.
There were about 4 jar files which needed update. Immediately after the update I could exit OK.
Then I restarted Fiji and the problem returned.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. For the moment I use System Monitor (Linux-Ubuntu) to end the process.

Ilan

Please avoid top-posting, and please make sure to reply-to-all!

Re: can't exit fiji

Mark Hiner
Hi Ilan,

>    at net.imagej.legacy.DefaultLegacyHooks.interceptCloseAllWindows(DefaultLegacyHooks.java:464)

Thanks for pointing this out. Classes in the default package would trigger null pointer exceptions here. I committed a fix[1] and uploaded it to Fiji. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Thanks,
Mark

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:49 AM, Ilan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Mark,
I received an update and the problem is fixed.

Thanks,