Re: jvm.cfg for Fiji

Mark Hiner
Hi Les,

Personally, for remote debugging of a plugin, I like to use Eclipse. Instead of a jvm.cfg, I just start up Fiji and then start debugging my project from Eclipse, per the steps on the wiki:
http://imagej.net/Debugging#Attaching_to_ImageJ_instances

Side note: we now have forum.imagej.net which may be a better place to ask questions, since I know fiji-devel has had annoying behavior with your e-mail account in the past.

Best,
Mark

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Foster, Leslie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings, Mark and Curtis:

I have a question about this jvm.cfg capability.  I saw this on a page http://fiji.sc/Java_Options#Passing_Java_options_to_Fiji on the Fiji site, but have not been able to verify that it actually works.  I was going to turn down the log level to “WARN” for example, just to see how well it worked. I also tried to establish a debug port, but could not see that happening, either.

Of these two, I would really like to be able to debug the running plugin within Fiji.  Could you tell me how to get this capability working inside Mac OS X?  Or, if jvm.cfg is not going to work, any other way to get parameters into Fiji?

Here is what I tried to do.  Note where the jvm.cfg is situated.

fosterl-wm1:janelia-workstation fosterl$ ls -l /Applications/Fiji.app/Contents/MacOS

total 1144

-rwxr-xr-x  1 fosterl  admin  200524 Aug  3 11:09 ImageJ-macosx

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 fosterl  admin  184312 Nov 20  2014 ImageJ-macosx.old

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 fosterl  admin  192868 Nov 20  2014 ImageJ-tiger

-rw-r--r--  1 fosterl  admin     108 Oct  5 12:47 jvm.cfg

Thanks,
Les

Please avoid top-posting, and please make sure to reply-to-all!

Re: jvm.cfg for Fiji

Curtis Rueden
Hi Les,

> I was going to turn down the log level to “WARN” for example, just to
> see how well it worked.

For more about setting log levels and such, see:

> I also tried to establish a debug port, but could not see that
> happening, either.

See:

Regards,
Curtis