Keyboard input fail

Pushkar Paranjpe
Hi!

The keyboard input fails in an erratic way.
But mouse/trackpad input works and the Fiji window is responsive.

I have to restart Fiji to make the keyboard input work again.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

ImageJ : 1.49t
Fiji: Lifeline version Nov. 2014
OS: Ubuntu 14.04

Cheers!
Pushkar

Please avoid top-posting, and please make sure to reply-to-all!

Re: Keyboard input fail

Curtis Rueden
Hi Pushkar,

The keyboard input fails in an erratic way.

I have observed that sometimes, the ability to launch shortcuts without holding the Ctrl/Cmd key (i.e., when "Require command key for shortcuts" option in Options > Misc is off, which it is by default) stops functioning until Fiji is restarted, for reasons unknown.

Is that your issue? Or do you mean something else by "keyboard input fails"? If you hold Ctrl/Cmd after the problem starts happening, do your shortcuts then work?

Regardless, you can use Help > Report a Bug to file an issue about this, so we don't forget about it.

Regards,
Curtis

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:02 AM, Pushkar Paranjpe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

The keyboard input fails in an erratic way.
But mouse/trackpad input works and the Fiji window is responsive.

I have to restart Fiji to make the keyboard input work again.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

ImageJ : 1.49t
Fiji: Lifeline version Nov. 2014
OS: Ubuntu 14.04

Cheers!
Pushkar

Please avoid top-posting, and please make sure to reply-to-all!

Please avoid top-posting, and please make sure to reply-to-all!

Re: Keyboard input fail

Curtis Rueden
Hi Pushkar,

OK, then that is a bug I have never seen before.

You could try taking a stack trace [1] after the problem occurs. It might shed some light on what is going wrong.

Regards,
Curtis

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Pushkar Paranjpe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Curtis,

On Sep 17, 2015 6:29 PM, "Curtis Rueden" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Pushkar,
>
> > The keyboard input fails in an erratic way.
>
> I have observed that sometimes, the ability to launch shortcuts without holding the Ctrl/Cmd key (i.e., when "Require command key for shortcuts" option in Options > Misc is off, which it is by default) stops functioning until Fiji is restarted, for reasons unknown.
>
> Is that your issue? Or do you mean something else by "keyboard input fails"? If you hold Ctrl/Cmd after the problem starts happening, do your shortcuts then work?

I use the Fiji script editor a lot. When the keyboard bug hits - I cannot type anything.

Also, I cannot enter any values into a dialog if I were to run any plugin that requires dialog input at this point.